Apple Environmental is able to offer a professional asbestos management service at a very competitive price, ranging from the simple identification of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in-situ, to undertaking a full assessment survey (management and refurbishment and demolition surveys). All survey work is undertaken in accordance with the HSE guidance document HSG264 (Second Edition 2012) Asbestos: The Survey Guide.
Apple Environmental can assist with simple asbestos identification, asbestos surveys, or compiling the asbestos register for your premises. Surveys can be done to satisfy obligations as a duty holder under Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. This could include any or all of the following:
- the production of a management survey report highlighting either the presence or, perhaps more importantly, the absence of asbestos materials in all accessed areas of the building;
- the production of an asbestos register that can be used to identify, monitor, and update the condition of any asbestos containing materials (ACMs);
- the production of an algorithmic risk assessment for all asbestos materials identified, with recommended management action;
- an on-going management programme to periodically reassess risk from these materials; and
- impartial advice and third party quotations for the subsequent removal or treatment of these materials.
- Further information regarding asbestos including where it is found, what it looks like and the hidden dangers, can be found on the HSE website.